LostDreamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOTICE: ALRIGHTY, LETS SEE IF WE CAN GET THIS BACK UP AND RUNNING

3 posters

Sick of this BS.

Momo
    Momo

Sick of this BS. Empty Sick of this BS.

Post by Momo Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:03 am

I'm sick of this BS.

Seriously. I'm trying to hang out and have a good time with my friends more often this year since it's my SENIOR YEAR and yet, my parents still treat me like I'm five. I'm no delinquent. I've followed their rules. Never drank. Done drugs. Any of that shit and yet they still don't trust me. If I don't come home by at least 11 PM, they freak out. They freak out, over nothing. I'm sick of it. Sick of not being trusted. Sick of being compared to my sister. I love her, but I'm not like her. I'm different. I wanna live life. Not cooped up in my house all day and all night. I'm not asking to be able to stay out 'til like, 3 AM. Not at all. Just at least midnight, or 12:30. Cause honestly, I don't do all that bad shit like the other idiots in this town. I wanna be able to spend time with friends in the evening without being hounded with incessant text messages asking where I am. To come home already. It's late, when it's not. 

I'm 17, ready to turn 18. Into an adult. About to graduate high school. All I'm asking for is trust. Trusting me enough to not annoying with texts and phone calls to come home. I'm going to come home at a reasonable hour. I won't party all night. Cause honestly, people that do that aren't who I want to associate myself with. Not at all.
    Aki-Sama
    Aki-Sama
    The Royal/Assassin {Admin}
    The Royal/Assassin {Admin}

Sick of this BS. Empty Re: Sick of this BS.

Post by Aki-Sama Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:32 am

I hear you on that Momo.  My mom was the same, as you might know from the situation I was in at the time.  But lacked the required funds to get out until I met my fiancee.   Here is the kicker I was 22 at the time too.  Why keep tabs on me when she was out a day or two at a time.  When all I did was work, come home, and go back to work. That was it.  I didn't hang out with friends or anything and for some odd reason they were never allowed at the house (Mind: I had and still have these friends from High School.  High School I tell ya).  But she was never like that until she met her "Boyfriend: *mummbles something about being a drunk ass motherfucker...trails off*     Anyway I know from where you are coming from.

But they also seem to be protective of you as well, perhaps that is why they are doing what they are doing.
    Mary Genn
    Mary Genn

Post by Mary Genn Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:35 am

It always amazes me when I hear or meet parents like yours', because my parents were very muc the opposite. My mom and dad -mostly my mom- always trusted my brother and myself (often more than she trusted our father) and treated us with a fair amount of respect, even from childhood. My parents accepted the fact that we were going to go out and live our lives in ways that, sometimes, they weren't going to approve of or like, as sort of an inevitability. They decided that it would be better to trust us and give us tge resources to allow us a chance to grow and experience new things. 

So, like, it's always strange - to me, at least - that ANY parent would be so distrusting or overly protective of their child. Because I guess I just always assumed that mutual respect was a facet of any parent-child relationship.
    Momo
    Momo

Post by Momo Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:18 pm

-Nod, nod-

I here ya, both. But that's what I'm saying, Aki-san. I go to school, work when need be, do my hw, and do the same thing again. It's usually on weekends that I hang out with friends or it's a school activity during the week. So yeah, I just don't get it, but I guess I get the protectiveness thing. Still, I need a little freedom, ya' know?

And CJ, I wish my parents were a little more like yours.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:20 am